A national review of 2013-14 hospital admissions by the Australian Institute of Health & Welfare found:
- Domestic Violence puts 6500 girls and women in hospital every year.
- In assaults against women some 25% of culprits were not identified by the victims.
- When identified 59% of the perpetrators were a spouse or domestic partner.
- 61% of the injuries were to the head.
- Parents or other family members accounted for nearly 50% of the remaining cases where the type of perpetrator was specified.
For financial assistance & support complete: http://victimsofcrime.com.au/enquiry-form/